- Politico: Rudy's Affair Financied (in part) by NYC taxpayers (and it looks like he tried to hide it)
Money quote: "As New York mayor, Rudy Giuliani billed obscure city agencies for tens of thousands of dollars in security expenses amassed during the time when he was beginning an extramarital relationship with future wife Judith Nathan in the Hamptons"
Money quotes: "Mike Huckabee's candidacy rests on serial non sequiturs: I am a Christian, therefore I am a conservative, therefore whatever I have done or propose to do with "compassionate," meaning enlarged, government is conservatism. And by the way, anything I denote as a "moral" issue is beyond debate other than by the uncaring forces of greed." . . . "Huckabee combines pure moralism with incoherent populism"
- Immigration group: Huckabee a ‘disaster’Money quote: "there’s little doubt which Republican scares them most — former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. “He was an absolute disaster on immigration as governor,” said Roy Beck, president of NumbersUSA, a group that played a major role in rallying the phone calls that helped defeat this year’s Senate immigration bill. “Every time there was any enforcement in his state, he took the side of the illegal aliens.”
- Richelieu: Huckabee’s Challenge
- Mike Huckabee, The Populist (from HuckabeeFacts.org)
- Huckabee offered ‘no-cost’ deal for Mexican Consulate - Developer confirms role, legislator raps ex-governor for using taxpayer funds for illegals.
Money quote: "Fred Thompson is conservative enough but he has never been a conservative leader. When I hear him speak I think, "Nice enough guy, probably was a decent senator." . . . the argument that Iowa socons should rally around Thompson doesn't make any sense."