Sunday, August 13, 2006

Romney on C-Span tonight! (Thrice is nice)

The Republican Party of Iowa's Chairman's Dinner in Cedar Rapids will be featured tonight on CSPAN's Road to the White House at 5:30, 8:30, and 11:30 CST. Governor Romney gave the keynote address at the dinner. The show looks to be 1.5 hours and Romney's speech was no more than 30 minutes. I hope they show Jim Leach's speech as well (including his great introduction of Gov. Romney). Not sure what else they'll be showing to fill up the time.

I was at this event along with a table of "Iowans for Romney". We were sitting to Romney's right at a front table. For my photos from the evening see this blog entry. For my take on Leach's speech see this blog entry. We didn't know that this would be picked up by C-Span so we're excited to see if we're on TV!
Update: Romney was the 1st 30 min of the program, Patakithe next segment and Edwards the last. There weren't any camera pans to show our Iowans for Romney table.

For those that missed it, the program should be available as streaming video on C-span's "Road to the White House" site.

I believe this link should launch the video directly once it is available.

If that doesn't work the speech should be available here among other Romney videos archived by C-Span.

1 comment:

IOWACAUCUS2008 said...

Jeff-

Thanks for alerting me to this broadcast. I "TIVO'd" the event on my tv and will attempt to copy it onto DVD-R.

Keep up the great work!
Jim Kirkpatrick