Buy at Amazon

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Turn-around King . . . see article at Red State

This Red State article about Mr. Romney's extensive managerial experience and success is generating a lot of discussion and interesting comments. I highly recommend registering with Red State and commenting there. It's a pretty important conservative discustion site. Feel free to join in the discussions.

Also, Mr. Romney didn't do so poorly at the Wisc state GOP straw poll for '08. Six candidates (Allen, Giuliani, Gingrich, Rice, Romney, and McCain) all received between 10-17% of the votes (n=357). That's a "wide-open" field if I've ever seen one. I assume that Romney would have done much better if he had been able to keep his appointment and speak at the convention as scheduled . . . might have even been the front-runner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Rice, Giuliani, and Gingrich probably won't run . . . that leaves Romney, McCain, and Allen in top tier again.

Anonymous said...

I think Gingrich will win.

Anonymous said...

Opps, meant that Gingrich will run.

Jeff Fuller said...

Good, I was going to question your sanity in thinking that Gingrich would win. I still don't think that he'll run . . . He does not have a good chance because the GOP knows it needs someone who is not so polarizing.

I would not be oppossed to Gingrich running. I actually hope that he, Allen, Frist, and Huckabee all run and split up the group of GOP voters that would strongly favor a "southern republican." That would be good for Romney. I would be more worried about Giuliani and Rice running as taking away votes from Mitt. Just an idea