Buy at Amazon

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mystery Solved?

A few days ago I ran into the following speculative blub by Adam Reilly in Boston called Romney's secret NYC mission . Speculation follows in the comments there . . . but tonight, I think I figured it out.

I was at the Iowa Christian Alliance house party in Cedar Rapids tonight (more on my experience there to come) and Romney mentioned that he was in NYC recently for a dinner with a Jew who grew up in Baghdad named Ezra Zilkha. So, that must be it, a meeting with "big money" to shore up some support . . . either for the RGA or (more likely) for his Commonwealth PAC.

Some background research on Zilkha reveals that he has a strong history of political donations (mostly to republicans) and that he's a power player with the Brookings Institute and the Council on Foreign Relations. Here is another link about Zilkha and the New York Scene (he's the 10th person listed). Again, more info to follow about Romney here in Iowa.

No comments: