Buy at Amazon

Sunday, June 17, 2007

C.R. Gazette Article on Romney visit

link to article:

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070616/IOWACAUCUS/70616009/1011/IOWACAUCUS

This article had great things to say about Mitt. I can list it all here: "Mitt Romney was in the zone Saturday afternoon, winning applause time and again from a Cedar Rapids audience as he painted his bright vision for a strengthened America.".

That's it.
After the opening line, it goes a bit wayward. The rest of the article is confusing since there was an immediate jump to quote someone that doesn't support Mitt, and then it is followed up by a series of soft support comments, almost like pity points for those that support Romney. I think this journalist took lessons from those at the Iowa City Press-Citizen.

You be the judge...............

1 comment:

jason said...

I thought the article was OK. It did have a lot of "subtle slights", but not nearly what I've seen from some sources.

I was at the event and Romney was impressive. One of the most excited crowds I've seen in a LONG time.

No wonder Rudy and McCain decided to cut their losses and drop out of the straw poll.